There are many signs and bumper stickers in America asking God to “bless America ”. Indeed, many of us have heard speeches by politicians and government officials that end with the words “God bless America !” Clearly we can see that the LORD God Almighty of the Holy Bible richly blessed America through the Revolutionary War period, and for decades afterwards. The questions we should all be considering are these: (1) “Should God continue to bless America ?” (2) “Does God’s Holy Word, the Bible, give us any indications, one way or the other, whether we Americans should expect God’s continued blessings upon our country?”
- THE BLESSINGS
Has any nation in modern history been so wonderfully blessed by the LORD God Almightyof the Holy Bible as America has been?
First, God gave America spiritual blessings unheard of in recorded history. Nowhere else on planet Earth did religious freedom blossom as it did in America . In no other nation has the true gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ been preached as openly and freely as here in America . In no other land have Bibles been as readily available to the general population as here in America . Additionally, for almost two centuries, America ’s churches operated with little to no government interference or control.
Secondly, God blessed our founding fathers’ open rebellion against the greatest empire of that day (the British Empire ). ((They believed that “resistance to tyranny” was “obedience to God”.)) Our founding fathers openly admitted that Almighty God had intervened on numerous occasions to preserve General George Washington’s small Continental Army, and had given them the victory over the powerful British Army.
Thirdly, God gave America the blessings of good, sound government through the efforts of our founding fathers. Our founding fathers wisely gave us a constitutional republic based on democratic principles. They gave us a small federal government that was to be strictly limited by the “chains” of the U.S. Constitution. Most of the men who wrote our U.S. Constitution (with its wonderful “Bill of Rights”) were genuine Bible-believing Christians.
Fourthly, God gave America many wonderful material blessings. America has been blessed with mighty rivers, great freshwater lakes, innumerable streams, great forests, fertile soil, and a great growing climate. America has also been blessed with abundant supplies of crude oil, natural gas, coal, iron ore, copper, silver, gold, and other natural resources.
Fifthly, God has spared America the horrors of major ground warfare on our soil since the bloody Civil War of 1861-65.
Clearly, the LORD God Almighty has richly blessed America !
III. AMERICA ’S RESPONSE TO GOD’S BLESSINGS
How have we Americans – especially we Americans of the last four to five generations – responded to these numerous wonderful blessings of Almighty God upon America ? Have we preserved intact the freedoms given to us by our founding fathers? Have we honored God by protecting our God-given rights? Have we kept the federal government as small as our founding fathers envisioned? Have we managed to stay out of foreign wars and intrigues as President George Washington advised? What kind of America are we leaving to our children and our grandchildren?
In general, we, the American people, have become very apathetic and complacent. We have left the business of politics to the politicians, and the business of government to elected officials and professional bureaucrats while we have pursued the “good life” (sports, television, movies, etc.). We basically have gone to “sleep” while liberals, moderates, socialists, outright communists, secular humanists, liberal theologians, and a multitude of other “social change agents” with an evil agenda have taken over our two major political parties, our public schools and universities, our federal and state governments, the mainstream media (TV and largest newspapers), and even our churches and seminaries.
In general, we, the American people, have also become extremely tolerant of all forms of evil. Here is just a small sampling of what we have allowed, and in many cases, continue to allow:
- We have allowed the courts to throw Bible reading and prayer out of our schools.
- We have allowed secular humanists and socialists to take over our federal government and the Republican and Democratic Parties. ((Socialists called “liberals” took over the Democratic Party many decades ago, and socialists called “moderates” (and now called “neo-conservatives”) took over the Republican Party at least several decades ago.))
- We have allowed the federal government to grow far beyond the strict limitations placed upon it by our U.S. Constitution, to the point where we now have a gigantic and ever-growing bureaucracy that has produced a zillion laws, rules, regulations, and taxes that are strangling the free enterprise system in this country. ((Thanks to this myriad of laws, rules, regulations, and taxes, we are witnessing the on-going destruction of the independent small farmer and businessman – and the destruction of much of America’s middle class! There are so many laws – some of which contradict other laws – that just about all of us could be charged with breaking at least one of them. This myriad of laws has also been responsible for a rapid growth in our prison population.))
- We have allowed, and continue to allow, “Big Government” to daily trample many of our God-given rights and our freedoms! ((For example, laws that have been passed in the so-called “wars” on drugs and terrorism have almost totally destroyed our Fourth Amendment RIGHT “to be secure in [our] persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures”. Additionally, the federal government has been waging a never-ending “war” against our Second Amendment RIGHT “to keep and bear Arms [i.e., firearms]”. And now even our First Amendment RIGHTS (that guarantee our freedom of speech and our right “peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances”) are under attack today! Two examples of the abuse of First Amendment Rights were the shameful handling of peaceful protestors in Seattle, Washington a few years ago and of peaceful protestors in New York City during the last Republican Party Convention.
- We have allowed, and continue to allow, our government to daily “STEAL” many citizens’ property and goods without due process under the zillion and one forfeiture and seizure laws (especially in the name of fighting the “ war on drugs”).
- We have allowed, and continue to allow, county, state, and federal governments to change many of our RIGHTS into privileges (i.e., licenses and permits).
- We have allowed, and continue to allow, the secular humanists and socialists to trash what was once the greatest judicial system in the world! “Case precedence” now rules in our admiralty courts today, and generally speaking, one is NOT allowed to even mention the U.S. Constitution in a “court of law”.
- We have allowed, and continue to allow, our elected representatives in Congress (the Legislative Branch) to cede much of their authority (granted to them by the Constitution) to the Executive Branch and the Judicial Branch! We also now have courts “making laws” through court rulings (especially the Supreme Court).
- We have allowed, and continue to allow, the Executive Branch (specifically the U.S. President) to exceed its authority by “making laws” through “executive orders” (which were never intended to be a law-making mechanism for the nation).
- We have allowed, and continue to allow, bleeding-heart liberal judges and wimpy parole boards to release hardened, repeat criminals back into society after relatively short jail time – only to see them rape and murder time and time again! ((This is one of the reasons we have a property crime every 3 seconds and a violent crime every 16 seconds in the USA!))
- We have allowed, and continue to allow, government and law enforcement to set up a myriad of “1-800-TURN-IN-YOUR-NEIGHBOR” phone lines (for a share of the “booty”, of course)! ((These phone lines allow for the anonymity of the accuser, which is ungodly, unbiblical, and extremely wicked! The Holy Bible (see Deuteronomy 19: 15-19) tells us that a person has a RIGHT to face his accuser in front of a judge, and there are many other Bible verses that tell us that an accusation is NOT to stand solely upon the voice of one witness. Did you know that “TURN-IN-YOUR-NEIGHBOR” and “SPY-ON-YOUR-NEIGHBOR” were favorite “tools” used by internal security forces (such as the infamous Soviet KGB) in totalitarian regimes?))
- We have allowed, and continue to allow, government to SPY ON its own citizens with very few restrictions, just as occurred in Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, and Red China! ((Much of this is now being done in the name of fighting “terrorism”. Our government now routinely and regularly taps its own citizens’ telephone lines, fax machines, and just about every other mode of communication.))
- We have allowed, and continue to allow, our government and its partner (the establishment-controlled mainstream media) to lie to us and to deceive us with a myriad of cover-ups on a whole lot of important issues and events in history. Here is but a small sample of the numerous cover-ups: (1) The numerous conspirators involved in the brutal assassination of President John F. Kennedy; (2) “Agent Orange”; (3) The large numbers of Prisoners of War/Missing-in-Action (POW/MIA) left behind in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam; (4) “Gulf War Illness”; (5) The shootdown of TWA Flight 800; (6) The survivors of the shootdown of KAL Flight 007; (7) The “other folks” involved in the Oklahoma City bombing (of the Murrah Federal Building); etc.
- We allowed various U.S. administrations (both Republican and Democratic) to permit the sale of hi-tech military equipment (to include super computers with military applications) to America’s sworn enemies (such as the former Soviet Union – now Russia – and Communist Red China)! ((The military leaders of both these nations consider the United States of America to be their number one enemy, and have openly stated that war with the USA is inevitable!))
- We allowed the murder of U.S. citizens by an out-of-control federal government at Waco, Texas (the Branch Davidians) and Ruby Ridge, Idaho (members of Randy Weaver’s family).
- We have allowed, and continue to allow, our government to promote and subsidize the MURDER of the unborn (i.e., abortion). We have allowed the slaughter (i.e., genocide) of over 1.5 MILLION babies every year in the USA! This genocide against the unborn has claimed over 45 MILLION babies since the Supreme Court ruling (Roe vs. Wade) back in 1973! ((NOTE: Please do a “word study” of the term “innocent blood” in the Holy Bible, and note what God has to say on this subject. For those who say Christians should not get involved in the “abortion issue”, please consider the following passages of Holy Scripture: (1) In Proverbs 24: 11, 12 we read: “If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain: If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not He that pondereth the heart consider it? And He that keepeth the soul, doth not He know it? And shall not He render to every man according to his works?” (2) In Proverbs 31:8 we read: “Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction.” (3) In Jeremiah 1:5 we find God telling the prophet Jeremiah: “Before I formed thee in the belly [i.e., the womb] I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee…” These and many other passages in the Holy Bible let us know that the LORD God Almighty hates the shedding of innocent blood; that He expects His people to defend and rescue “them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain”; and that He absolutely will NOT allow any nation that sheds innocent blood to go unpunished!))
- We have allowed, and continue to allow, government and the establishment-controlled mainstream media to promote and support the “gay” (i.e., homosexual and lesbian) agenda. We have reached the point in this country where homosexuals and lesbians have “gay pride” parades in which they march naked (as happened in a “gay pride” parade in New York City)! Additionally, homosexuals and lesbians are allowed to come into our public schools (to include elementary schools) in order to promote their so-called “alternative lifestyle”.
- We allowed the “authorities” to murder a dear lady named Terri Schindler Schiavo in front of the entire nation!
There are many more examples of what we, the American people, have allowed, and continue to allow, here in America. In fact, in my earlier ETI #3 on this topic from April of 1998 I probably had about three more pages of examples. The examples given in this issue of ETI should be sufficient to show that we Americans have surrendered so very many of the wonderful things that our founding fathers passed down to the generations that followed them.
Should Almighty God continue to bless America in view of the fact that we Americans have allowed – and continue to allow – so much evil and corruption to take place in our nation?
Indeed, we Americans, to include we American Christians, have met the proverbial enemy, and “It is US!”
- WE are the “enemy”!
- WE, for the most part, have NOT been “eternally vigilant”!
- WE, for the most part, have become extremely tolerant of evil and corruption, even when they occur in our government or in our churches!
- WE have become, generally speaking, an ignorant people – ignorant of the entire counsel of God as found in the Holy Bible, ignorant of world history, ignorant of American history and our founding documents (such as our Constitution and the Declaration of Independence), ignorant of the struggle for freedom (and especially the struggle for religious freedom) throughout history, etc.!
- WE, for the most part, refuse to take strong stands for hardly anything of importance!
- WE, for the most part, have gotten “caught up” in the “things of the world” – even we American Christians, for the most part, “worship” the “gods” of entertainment, sports, television, recreation, etc.!
- WE, for the most part, no longer hold our public servants and elected officials accountable.
- WE, for the most part, refuse to face reality, choosing instead to retreat into a world of fantasy and escape. Nearly all of us are in some state of major denial as to how dire the situation in our Republic has become.
- WE, for the most part, have allowed (and continue to allow) our enemies (the socialists, globalists, “banksters”, secular humanists, liberal theologians, etc.) to rob us blind and to steal from us any and all things of real value in this Republic!
- WE, for the most part, have allowed apathy, complacency, laziness, and cowardice to reign in our beloved America and in our own lives!
- WE, for the most part, have allowed ourselves to come to the point where we fear government (i.e., “man”) more than we fear Almighty God!
- WE, for the most part, have allowed the government (i.e., the “State”) to become our “god”!
We have allowed and allowed and allowed, and we continue to allow and allow and allow. Isn’t it high time that we said, “Enough is enough!”? Isn’t it high time that we stopped allowing the destruction of our Republic, the erosion of our God-given rights and our freedoms, the dumbing down of the children in our public school system, and the trashing of true Christianity?
If we do not take a strong stand now, then when will we? If we won’t take a strong stand against evil and corruption for ourselves, then won’t we at least take that strong stand for the sake of our children and grandchildren and great grandchildren? Or, do we want them all to grow up as “SLAVES” in a totalitarian fascist (or, communist) Police State? Aren’t the freedoms we inherited from those brave men who left behind their bloody footprints at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania worth fighting for? Aren’t our freedoms worth dying for?
Please consider this quotation from Sir Winston Churchill:
“Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not so costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance for survival. There may be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no chance of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.”
What can we Americans do to stop the destruction of our Republic and our national sovereignty, and the erosion of our God-given rights and freedoms? (Please see the next section.)
- WHAT CAN WE DO?
- If you think that this issue of the ETI newsletter is important, then please make as many copies of it as you possibly can, and give them away to as many folks as you possibly can.
- Please get as informed as you possibly can concerning the critical issues of our day! ((NOTE: The establishment-controlled mainstream media cannot and will not help you learn the truth about these critical issues.)) Here are a few great Internet web sites to help get you started in the search for “unspun” news and news analysis:
www.infowars.com and www.prisonplanet.com
www.thepowerhour.com and www.gulfwarvets.com .
- Check out my TTT and ETI newsletters on www.tacklingthetoughtopics.net and on www.calltodecision.com.
- Listen to some great alternative media via short wave, satellite, and the Internet. Here are some the very best programs for “real” news and news analysis (Check their web sites for times, frequencies, etc.):
- “The Alex Jones’ Show” – infowars.com .
- “The Power Hour” (Co-hosted by Dave & Joyce von Kleist) – thepowerhour.com .
- “Radio Liberty” (Hosted by Dr. Stanley Monteith) – radioliberty.com .
- Please purchase as many of these great videos (some are available in DVD format) by Alex Jones as you possibly can: “Police State 2000”, “Police State II – The Takeover”, “Police State III – Total Enslavement”, “Martial Law: 9/11: The Rise of the Police State”, “9/11: The Road to Tyranny”, and “The Masters of Terror”. Each video or DVD is $33.45 postpaid; however, you can get a reduction in price by purchasing three or more of these videos. My top recommendations are the last three videos listed above. To order, call the toll-free Alex Jones’ phone line: 1-888-253-3139. Or, you can order “on line” at www.inforwars.com .
- Call “Radio Liberty” at 1-800-544-8927 and request a catalog of books, videos, and audiotapes. Or, visit their web site at www.radioliberty.com to check out their great “info tools”.
- Most importantly, study the Holy Bible, pray fervently, and seek God’s guidance for your life